* Stamova L, Sotirova V (1987) Reaction of different crops to artificial inoculation with Corynebacterium michiganense (E.F. Sm.) H.L. Jensen. Archiv fur Phytopathologie und Pflanzenschutz 23, 211–216.
------- Experimental. Causing wilted leaflets. Not confirmed in other publications. Pending confirmation, all monocotyledonous host plants reported by Stamova & Satirova (1987) are considered doubtful.
* Simango K, Slabbert CP, van der Waals JE (2020) Alternative hosts of Spongospora subterranea f. sp. subterranea in southern Africa. Eur J Plant Pathol 157(6), 421–424. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10658-020-01993-z
* Gonçalves RM, Schipanski CA, Koguishi L, Soman JM, Sakate RK, Silva Junior TAF, Maringoni AC (2017) Alternative hosts of Curtobacterium flaccumfaciens pv. flaccumfaciens, causal agent of bean bacterial wilt. European Journal of Plant Pathology 148, 357–365.
------- When grown in rotation with Fabaceae hosts.
* Clark SM, LeDoux DG, Seeno TN, Riley EG, Gilbert AJ, Sullivan JM (2004) Host plants of leaf beetle species occurring in the United States and Canada (Coleoptera: Megalopodidae, Orsodacnidae, Chrysomelidae, excluding Bruchinae). Coleopterists Society, Special Publication 2, 1-476.
------- Larval host.
* Gill HK, Capinera JL, McSorley R (2017) Featured Creatures. Lesser cornstalk borer. Elasmopalpus lignosellus (Zeller) (Insecta: lepidoptera: Pyralidae). University of Florida (US). http://entnemdept.ufl.edu/creatures/field/lesser_cornstalk_borer.htm
* Sandhu HS (2010) Biology and cultural control of lesser cornstalk borer on sugarcane. PhD thesis. University of Florida. https://ufdcimages.uflib.ufl.edu/UF/E0/04/14/72/00001/sandhu_h.pdf
* Seifers DL, Harvey TL, Martin TJ, Jensen SG (1998) A partial host range of the High Plains virus of corn and wheat. Plant Disease 82, 875–879.
* Tatineni S, Hein GL (2021) High Plains wheat mosaic virus: An enigmatic disease of wheat and corn causing the High Plains disease. Molecular Plant Pathology, 1-13. https://doi.org/10.1111/mpp.13113
* Bejakovich D, Pearson WD & O'Donnell MR (1998) Nationwide survey of pests and diseases of cereal and grass seed crops in New Zealand. 1. Arthropods and molluscs. In Proceedings of the Fifty First New Zealand Plant Protection Conference, pp. 38-50. Swiftprint Centre Ltd, Palmerston North, Hamilton, New Zealand.
------- confirmed host.
* Rusinque L, Maleita C, Abrantes I, Palomares-Rius JE, Inácio ML (2021) Meloidogyne graminicola - A threat to rice production: review update on distribution, biology, identification, and management. Biology 10, 1163. https://doi.org/10.3390/biology10111163
* Anonymous (1954) Cooperative Economic Insect Report 4(46), 1002.
* Brito R, Specht A, Gonçalves GL, Moreira GRP, Carneiro E, Santos FL, Roque-Specht VF, Mielke OHH, Casagrande MM (2019) Spodoptera marima: a new synonym of Spodoptera ornithogalli (Lepidoptera: Noctuidae), with notes on adult morphology, host plant use and genetic variation along its geographic range. Neotropical Entomology 48(3), 433-448.