What is EPPO Global Database?
EPPO Global Database is maintained by the Secretariat of the European and Mediterranean Plant Protection Organization (EPPO). The aim of the database is to provide all pest-specific information that has been produced or collected by EPPO. The database contents are constantly being updated by the EPPO Secretariat.
- Basic information for more than 86 800 species of interest to agriculture, forestry and plant protection: plants (cultivated and wild) and pests (including pathogens and invasive alien plants). For each species: scientific names, synonyms, common names in different languages, taxonomic position, and EPPO Codes are given.
- Detailed information for more than 1670 pest species that are of regulatory interest (EPPO and EU listed pests, as well as pests regulated in other parts of the world). For each pest: geographical distribution (with a world map), host plants and categorization (quarantine status) are given.
- EPPO datasheets and PRA reports.
- EPPO Standards.
- Pictures of plants and pests (more than 9 400).
- Articles of the EPPO Reporting Service (since 1974).
How to cite EPPO Global Database?
EPPO (2020) EPPO Global Database (available online). https://gd.eppo.int
Why register to the EPPO Global Database?
In order to identify users and contributors to the database, the EPPO Secretariat invites you to register. Registration (free and simple) will also allow you:
- To save your own settings (e.g. language preferences) and search history
- To contribute by proposing photos of plants and pests
- To subscribe to EPPO free Newsletters (EPPO Standards, EPPO Reporting Service, EPPO Codes)
- To use quick and simple online tools (batch queries to the database)
- To request new EPPO Codes to be created (subject to fees)
EPPO Reporting Service no. 01 is available.
New world distributions are available for:
New pictures have been added for:
The EPPO Secretariat warmly thanks all photographers who have kindly provided their photos. More pictures of plants, pests and diseases are always welcome!