Categories have been assigned by the EPPO Secretariat on the basis of available data at the time of entry. They correspond to an evaluation of the biological importance of the host plant for the pest concerned, together with the economic importance of this plant for the EPPO region. These categories do not reflect the complexity of the associations that may exist between a host plant and a pest, nor result from exhaustive literature reviews. Further explanation of categories is available in the guide.
|Allium cepa (ALLCE)||Unclassified|
* Carr EA, Bonasera JM, Zaid AM, Lorbeer JW, Beer SV (2010) First report of bulb disease of onion caused by Pantoea ananatis in New York. Plant Disease 94, 916.
|Ananas comosus (ANHCO)||Unclassified|
* Serrano FB (1928) Bacterial fruitlet brown rot on pineapple in the Philippines. Philippine Journal of Science 36, 271-305.
|Brassica rapa subsp. pekinensis (BRSPK)||Unclassified|
* Zhang Y, Zheng L, Gao H, Song Q, Gao J (2019) First report of a new bacterial leaf blight of Chinese cabbage (Brassica rapa pekinensis) caused by Pantoea ananatis in China. Plant Disease 103(11), p 2942. ------- On Chinese cabbage in Shandong province, China.
|Citrus sinensis (CIDSI)||Unclassified|
* Das AK, Kumar A, Nerkar S, Chichghare SA, Pali PG (2020) First report of Pantoea ananatis causing fruitlet blight of Nagpur mandarin (Citrus reticulata) in India. New Disease Reports 41, 5. http://dx.doi.org/10.5197/j.2044-0588.2020.041.005 ------- Confirmed host.
|Cucumis melo (CUMME)||Unclassified|
* Kido K, Adachi R, Hasegawa M, Yano K, Hikichi Y, Takeuchi S, Atsuchi T, Takikawa Y (2008) Internal fruit rot of netted melon caused by Pantoea ananatis (=Erwinia ananas) in Japan. Journal of General Plant Pathology 74, 302-312.
|Fragaria x ananassa (FRAAN)||Unclassified|
* Sruti Bajpai, Pushp Sheel Shukla, Mohd Adil, Samuel Asiedu, Kris Pruski, Balakrishnan Prithiviraj (2020) First report of bacterial leaf blight of strawberry caused by Pantoea ananatis in Nova Scotia, Canada. Plant Disease 104(1), p 276.
|Oryza sativa (ORYSA)||Unclassified|
* Arayaskul N, Poompouang S, Lithanatudom P, Lithanatudom SK (2020) First report of a leaf blight in rice (Oryza sativa) caused by Pantoea ananatis and Pantoea stewartii in Thailand. Plant Disease 104(2), p 562. * Azizi MMF, Zulperi D, Rahman MAA, Abdul-Basir B, Othman NA, Ismail SI, Hata EM, Ina-Salwany MY, Abdullah MAF (2019) First report of Pantoea ananatis causing leaf blight disease of rice in peninsular Malaysia. Plant Disease 103, 2122.
|Prunus persica (PRNPS)||Unclassified|
* Liao L, Hei R, Tang Y, Liu S, Zhou J (2016) First report of soft rot disease of peach caused by Pantoea ananatis in China. Plant Disease 100, 516.
|Zea mays (ZEAMX)||Unclassified|
|Digitaria insularis (TRCIN)||Wild/Weed|
|Digitaria setigera (DIGMB)||Wild/Weed|