* Himelick EB, Fox HW (1961) Experimental studies on control of oak wilt disease. University of Illinois Agricultural Experiment Station and Illinois Natural History Survey. Bulletin 680, 48 pp.
* Merrill W (1975) American chestnut and chestnut oak not reservoirs of the oak wilt fungus in Pennsylvania. Plant Disease Reporter 59(7), 564-566.
----- Inoculations studies concluded that C. dentata is not a host.
* Lim J, Jung S-Y, Lim J-S, Jang J, Kim K-M, Lee Y-M, Lee B-W (2014) A review of host plants of Cerambycidae (Coleoptera: Chrysomeloidea) with new host records for fourteen Cerambycids, including the Asian longhorn beetle (Anoplophora glabripennis Motschulsky), in Korea. Korean Journal of Applied Entomology 53(2), 111-133.
* Sjöman H, Östberg J & Nilsson J (2014) Review of host trees for the wood-boring pests Anoplophora glabripennis and Anoplophora chinensis: an urban forest perspective. Arboriculture & Urban Forestry 40(3), 143–164.
* Paiero SM, Jackson MD, Jewiss-Gaines A, Kimoto T, Gill BD, Marshall SA (2012) Field guide to the jewel beetles of northeastern North America. Canadian Food Inspection Agency, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada.
------- confirmed host
* Lovat C‐A, Donnelly DJ (2019) Mechanisms and metabolomics of the host–pathogen interactions between chestnut (Castanea species) and chestnut blight (Cryphonectria parasitica). Forest Pathology 49, e12562. https ://doi.org/10.1111/efp.12562
* Rigling D & Prospero S (2018) Cryphonectria parasitica, the causal agent of chestnut blight: invasion history, population biology and disease control. Molecular Plant Pathology 19(1), 7-20.