* Heppner JB (2003) Lepidoptera of Florida. Part 1. Introduction and catalog. Volume 17 of Arthropods of Florida and neighboring land areas. Division of Plant Industry. Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services. Gainesville, Florida. 670 pp
* Robinson GS, Ackery PR, Kitching IJ, Beccaloni GW & Hernández LM (2010) HOST - A database of the world's Lepidopteran hostplants. Natural History Museum, London. https://www.nhm.ac.uk (Accessed on 7 December 2020 and 21 March 2021)
* Brito R, Specht A, Gonçalves GL, Moreira GRP, Carneiro E, Santos FL, Roque-Specht VF, Mielke OHH, Casagrande MM (2019) Spodoptera marima: a new synonym of Spodoptera ornithogalli (Lepidoptera: Noctuidae), with notes on adult morphology, host plant use and genetic variation along its geographic range. Neotropical Entomology 48(3), 433-448.
* Capinera JL (2017) Yellowstriped Armyworm, Spodoptera ornithogalli (Guenée) (Insecta: Lepidoptera: Noctuidae). Department of Entomology and Nematology, University of Florida /IFAS Extension, EENY216, 4p. https://edis.ifas.ufl.edu/pdffiles/IN/IN37300.pdf
* Crumb SE (1929) Tobacco cutworms. USDA Technical Bulletin 88, p 179.
* Heppner JB (2007) Lepidoptera of Florida. Part 1. Introduction and catalog. Gainesville, Florida Department of Agriculture & Consumer Services, p 670.
* Robinson GS, Ackery PR, Kitching IJ, Beccaloni GW, Hernández LM (2010) HOSTS - A Database of the World's Lepidopteran Hostplants. Natural History Museum, London. http://www.nhm.ac.uk/hosts
* Tietz HM (1972) An index to the described life histories, early stages and hosts of the Macrolepidoptera of the continental United States and Canada, 536 pp.
* Mori N, Quaglino F, Tessari F, Pozzebon A, Bulgari D, Casati P, Bianco PA (2014) Investigation on ‘bois noir’epidemiology in north‐eastern Italian vineyards through a multidisciplinary approach. Annals of Applied Biology 166(1), 75-89.
* Quaglino F, Passera A, Faccincani M, Moussa A, Pozzebon A, Sanna F, Casati P, Bianco PA, Mori N (2021) Molecular and spatial analyses reveal new insights on Bois noir epidemiology in Franciacorta vineyards. Annals of Applied Biology (early view). https://doi.org/10.1111/aab.12704
* Haran JM, Hansen S, Benoit l, Addison P (2020) Description of five new species in the genus Phlyctinus Schoenherr (Coleoptera, Curculionidae): a first step in deciphering the P.callosus complex. European Journal of Taxonomy 669, 1-29. https://doi.org/10.5852/ejt.2020.669
------- confirmed host.