* Anonymous (1960) Index of Plant Diseases in the United States. Agriculture Handbook no 165, USDA-ARS (US) 531 pp.
* Lyda SD, 1978. Ecology of Phymatotrichum omnivorum. Annual Review of Phytopathology, 16, 193–209. Available
------- mycelial strands of P. omnivorum were found growing on roots of Johnson grass and Bermuda grass in proximity to dying alfalfa
plants. Considered immune in natural conditions.
* Mitrović M, Jović J, Cvrković T, Krstić O, Trkulja N, Toševski I (2012) Characterisation of a 16SrII phytoplasma strain associated with bushy stunt of hawkweed oxtongue (Picris hieracioides) in south-eastern Serbia and the role of the leafhopper Neoaliturus fenestratus (Deltocephalinae) as a natural vector. European Journal of Plant Pathology 134, 647–660.
* Clark SM, LeDoux DG, Seeno TN, Riley EG, Gilbert AJ, Sullivan JM (2004) Host plants of leaf beetle species occurring in the United States and Canada (Coleoptera: Megalopodidae, Orsodacnidae, Chrysomelidae, excluding Bruchinae). Coleopterists Society, Special Publication 2, 1-476.
------- Larval host.
* Gill HK, Capinera JL, McSorley R (2017) Featured Creatures. Lesser cornstalk borer. Elasmopalpus lignosellus (Zeller) (Insecta: lepidoptera: Pyralidae). University of Florida (US). http://entnemdept.ufl.edu/creatures/field/lesser_cornstalk_borer.htm
* Sandhu HS (2010) Biology and cultural control of lesser cornstalk borer on sugarcane. PhD thesis. University of Florida. https://ufdcimages.uflib.ufl.edu/UF/E0/04/14/72/00001/sandhu_h.pdf
* Rusinque L, Maleita C, Abrantes I, Palomares-Rius JE, Inácio ML (2021) Meloidogyne graminicola - A threat to rice production: review update on distribution, biology, identification, and management. Biology 10, 1163. https://doi.org/10.3390/biology10111163
* Ferreira MA, Sousa ME (2011) Hosts and Distribution of the Spider Mite Tetranychus evansi (Acari: Tetranychidae) in Portugal. Hale, C., Xxviii International Horticultural Congress on Science and Horticulture for People, Leuven 1, Int Soc Horticultural Science, (917): 133-136.
* Li ZZ, Zhao H, Ying XD (1985) [The weed carriers of bacterial leaf blight of rice]. Acta Phytopathologica Sinica 15, 246–248 (In Chinese).
* Shekhar S, Sinha D, Kumari A (2020) An overview of bacterial Leaf blight disease of rice and different strategies for its management. International Journal of Current Microbiology and Applied Sciences 9, 2250-2265. https://doi.org/10.20546/ijcmas.2020.904.270
* Daane, KM, Wistrom CM, Shapland EB, Sisterson MS (2011) Seasonal abundance of Draeculacephala minerva and other Xylella fastidiosa vectors in California almond orchards and vineyards. Journal of Economic Entomology 104, 367–374.
------- Preferred feeding and breeding host.
* Hewitt WB, Frazier NW, Freitag JH (1949) Pierce’s disease investigations. Hilgardia 19, 207–264.
* Pilkington LJ, Irvin NA, Boyd EA, Hoddle MS, Triapitsyn S, Carey BG, Jones WA, Morgan DJW (2005) Biological control of glassy-winged sharp-shooter in California. California Agriculture 59(4), 223–228.
* Purcell AH, Frazier NW (1985) Habitats and dispersal of the principal leafhopper vectors of Pierce's disease bacterium in the San Joaquin Valley. Hilgardia 53(4), 1-32.
------- Breeding host.