Forest Health Protection (2011) Elm borer. Extensive mining loosens bark. Forest Health Protection Rocky Mountain Region. US Department of Forestry. https://www.fs.usda.gov/Internet/FSE_DOCUMENTS/stelprdb5349692.pdf
------ Confirmed host (US).
* Heffern DJ (1998) Insects of Western North America. A survey of the Cerambycidae (Coleoptera), or longhorned beetles of Colorado. Contributions of the C.P. Gillette Museum of Arthropod Diversity Department of Bioagricultural Sciences and Pest Management, Colorado State University (US), 32 pp.
-------- Ulmus spp. including U. americana and U. rubra.
* Ahmad MI, Hafiz IA, Chaudhry MI (1977) Biological studies of Aeolesthes sarta Solksy attacking poplars in Pakistan. Pakistan Journal of Forestry 27, 123-129.
* Duffy EAJ (1968) A monograph of the immature stages of Oriental timber beetles (Cerambycidae). Trustees of the British Museum (Natural History), London.
* Farashiani ME, Sadeghi SE, Abaii M (2001) Geographic distribution and hosts of sart longhorn beetle, Aeolesthes sarta Solsky (Col.: Cerambycidae) in Iran. Journal of Entomological Society of Iran 20, 81-96.
* Gressitt JL (1951) Longicornia. Volume 2. Paul Lechevalier, Paris.
* Van Driesche RG, LaForest JH, Bargeron CT, Reardon RC, Herlihy M (2012) Forest Pest Insects in North America: a Photographic Guide. USDA Forest Service. Forest Health Technology Enterprise Team. Morgantown, WV. FHTET-2012-02.