* Liu T, Kosztarab MP & Rhoades M (1989) I. Biosystematics of the adult females of the genus Chionaspis (Homoptera: Coccoidea: Diaspididae) of North America, with emphasis on polymorphism. Studies on the Morphology and Systematics of Scale Insects -- No. 15 (Contribution No. 2 to a National Biological Survey). VAES Bulletin 88-2. Virginia Agricultural Experiment Station Blacksburg, VA.
* Shour MH & Schuder DL (1987) Host range and geographic distribution of Chionaspis heterophyllae Cooley and C. pinifoliae (Fitch) (Homoptera: Diaspididae). Indiana Academy of Science 96, 297–304.
* Akbulut S, Stamps WT (2012) Insect vectors of the pinewood nematode: a review of the biology and ecology of Monochamus species. Forest Pathology 42(2), 89-99. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1439-0329.2011.00733.x
* Lindquist EE, Wu KW (1991) Review of mites of the genus Mucroseius (Acari, Mesostigmata, Ascidae) associated with sawyer beetles (Cerambycidae, Monochamus and Mecynippus) and pine wood nematodes Aphelenchoididae, Bursaphelenchus xylophilus (Steiner And Buhrer) Nickle, with descriptions of 6 new species from Japan and North-America, and notes on their previous misidentification. Canadian Entomologist 123(4), 875-927.
* Maine Forest Service (2001) Hemlock looper Lambdina fiscellaria (Gn.). Maine Department of Conservation. https://www.maine.gov/dacf/mfs/forest_health/insects/hemlock_looper.htm
------- Lambdina fiscellaria fiscellaria