* Baker AC, Stone WE, Plummer CC, McPhail M (1944) A review of studies on the Mexican fruitfly and related Mexican species. USDA Miscellaneous Publications, 155 pp.
* Bush GL (1962) The cytotaxonomy of the larvae of some Mexican fruit flies in the genus Anastrepha (Tephritidae, Diptera). Psyche 69(3), 87-101.
* Plummer CC, McPhail M, Monk JW (1941) The yellow chapote, a native host of the Mexican fruit fly. USDA Technical Bulletin no. 775, USDA, Washington DC (US).
* Stone A (1942) The fruitflies of the genus Anastrepha. USDA Miscellaneous Publications 439, 112 pp.
* Thomas DB (2004) Hot peppers as a host of the Mexican fruit fly Anastrepha ludens (Diptera: Tephritidae). Florida Entomologist 87(4), 603-608.