* Duan Z, Lei G, Wang L, Mei J (1998) Preliminary study on harm characteristics of Pissodes sp. Yunnan Forestry Science and Technology 3, 81-85 (in Mandarin with English abstract).
------- During experiments, P. punctatus fed upon this Cedrus species when presented with cut twigs and egg laying was observed.
*Ahmed MZ & Miller D (2019) Chionaspis pinifoliae (Fitch) (Diaspididae: Coccomorpha: Hemiptera), pine needle scale, a potential pest of Florida pines and the Christmas tree industry, but not established in Florida. Circular. Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services. FDACS-P-02132, Issue No. 443.
-------intercepted in Florida on this plant species.
* McKenzie HL (1956) Phenacaspis pinifoliae (Fitch), pine needle scale, p. 149. In Armored scale insects of California. Bull. Calif. Insect Survey, Vol. 5.
* EFSA Panel on Plant Health, Bragard C, Baptista P, Chatzivassiliou E, Di Serio F, Gonthier P, Jaques Miret JA, Justesen AF, Magnusson CS, Milonas P, Navas‐Cortes JA (2022). Pest categorisation of Dendrolimus spectabilis. EFSA Journal 20(11), e07622. https://doi.org/10.2903/j.efsa.2022.7622
------- host in Japan.
* Kamata N (2002) Outbreaks of forest defoliating insects in Japan 1950-2000. Bulletin of Entomological Research, 92, 109–117.
* Kobayashi F, Taketani A (1994) Forest insects. Tokyo, Youkendo, 567 pp. (In Japanese, cited by EFSA PHL 2022).
* EFSA Panel on Plant Health (2022) Scientific Opinion on the pest categorisation of Dendrolimus superans. EFSA Journal 20(8), 7525, 23 pp. https://doi.org/10.2903/j.efsa.2022.7525
* Kobayashi F, Yamane A, Ikeda T (1984) The Japanese pine sawyer beetle as the vector of pine wilt disease. Annual Review of Entomology 29, 115-135.
* Lim J, Jung S-Y, Lim J-S, Jang J, Kim K-M, Lee Y-M, Lee B-W (2014) A review of host plants of Cerambycidae (Coleoptera: Chrysomeloidea) with new host records for fourteen Cerambycids, including the Asian longhorn beetle (Anoplophora glabripennis Motschulsky), in Korea. Korean Journal of Applied Entomology 53(2), 111-133.
* Lin MY, Perissinotto R, Clennell L (2021) Census of the longhorn beetles (Coleoptera, Cerambycidae and Vesperidae) of the Macau SAR, China. ZooKeys 1049, 79-161. https://doi.org/10.3897/zookeys.1049.65558
------- Larval host.
* Ma RY, Hao SG, Kong WN, Sun JH, Kang L (2006) Cold hardiness as a factor for assessing the potential distribution of the Japanese pine sawyer Monochamus alternatus (Coleoptera: Cerambycidae) in China. Annals of Forest Science 63(5), 449-456.