* Brito R, Specht A, Gonçalves GL, Moreira GRP, Carneiro E, Santos FL, Roque-Specht VF, Mielke OHH, Casagrande MM (2019) Spodoptera marima: a new synonym of Spodoptera ornithogalli (Lepidoptera: Noctuidae), with notes on adult morphology, host plant use and genetic variation along its geographic range. Neotropical Entomology 48(3), 433-448.
* Heppner JB (2007) Lepidoptera of Florida. Part 1. Introduction and catalog. Gainesville, Florida Department of Agriculture & Consumer Services, p 670.
* Hata TY, Hara AH, Hensen JD (1991) Feeding preference of melon thrips on orchids in Hawaii. HortScience 26(10), 1294-1295.
* Maketon M, Amnuaykanjanasin A, Hotaka D, Maketon C (2014) Population ecology of Thrips palmi (Thysanoptera:Thripidae) in orchid farms in Thailand. Applied Entomology and Zoology 49, 273-282.
* Ng YF, Zaimi JS (2018) The economically important thrips from Malaysia, with a key to species (Thysanoptera, Thripinae). ZooKeys 810, 113-126.