New and revised dynamic EPPO datasheets are available in the EPPO Global Database
The EPPO Secretariat is in the process of revising the EPPO datasheets on pests recommended for regulation. This revision was the opportunity to create dynamic datasheets in the EPPO Global Database in which the sections on pest identity, host range and geographical distribution are automatically generated by the database. It is planned that these dynamic datasheets will progressively replace the PDF documents that are currently stored in the database.
A pilot project with the aim of revising datasheets for 11 pests of importance to the Mediterranean area was launched in 2019, in the framework of the preparation of an Euphresco/Ciheam Compendium. The following datasheets have been revised by specialists and are now available in the EPPO Global Database in their new dynamic format (more will be published in the coming weeks):
- Bursaphelenchus xylophilus: https://gd.eppo.int/taxon/BURSXY/datasheet
- Erwinia amylovora: https://gd.eppo.int/taxon/ERWIAM/datasheet
- Fusarium oxysporum f. sp. albedinis: https://gd.eppo.int/taxon/FUSAAL/datasheet
- ‘Candidatus Liberibacter solanacearum’: https://gd.eppo.int/taxon/LIBEPS/datasheet
- Plum pox virus: https://gd.eppo.int/taxon/PPV000/datasheet
- Rhynchophorus ferrugineus: https://gd.eppo.int/taxon/RHYCFE/datasheet
In addition, new datasheets recently published in the EPPO Bulletin have also been transferred into the EPPO Global Database:
- Agrilus bilineatus: https://gd.eppo.int/taxon/AGRLBL/datasheet
- Agrilus fleischeri: https://gd.eppo.int/taxon/AGRLFL/datasheet
- 14 datasheets on Invasive Alien Plant (see EPPO RS 2020/087, in this issue)
Finally, as the revision of the datasheets is a major project, a grant agreement was signed in March 2020 between the European Commission and EPPO. A list of approximately 400 pests has been agreed and the revision process is planned over a period of 4.5 years. The EPPO Secretariat will keep you informed in the EPPO Reporting Service when new and revised datasheets are published in the EPPO Global Database.
EPPO Secretariat (2020-04).