International Symposium on pine wilt disease, Lisbon (2006-07-10/14)
An International Symposium on pine wilt disease (caused by Bursaphelenchus xylophilus): ‘Pine wilt disease: a worldwide threat to forest ecosystems’ will be held at the Fundação Calouste Gulbenkian, in Lisbon (PT), on the 2006-07-10/14.
The main topics of this Symposium will be:
- Pine wilt disease: global issues, trade and economic impact
- Bursaphelenchus xylophilus: biology and microbial inter-relationships
- B. xylophilus: taxonomy and detection methods
- The insect vectors: biology and ecology
- The tree: physiology, resistance and histopathology as a result of pine wilt disease
- Ecology and modelling
- B. xylophilus and insect vector control methods
There are no registration fees for this Symposium.
Contact: P. Vieira
Lab. Nematologia/ICAM, Dept. Biologia, Universidade de Évora,
7002-554 Évora, Portugal
Personal communication with P. Vieira, Universidade de Évora, Portugal, 2006-01.