International Symposium on ‘System Intensification towards Food & Environmental Security’ (Kalyani, IN,2011-02-24/27)
The Crop and Weed Science Society (CWSS), Bidhan Chandra Krishi Viswavidyalaya (BCKV) in collaboration with NABARD, KOLKATA will organize the International Symposium on ‘System Intensification towards Food ; Environmental Security’, Kalyani (IN) on 2011-02-24/27.
Contributions are invited from agricultural scientists, researchers, technologists, industry and policy planners for both oral and poster presentations on the following themes related to System intensification in Agriculture; Horticulture, Agricultural Engineering, Mixed Farming systems, and Supporting Policies
- Biodiversity; invasive plants; seed production systems, biotech planting materials; evaluation of cultivars better adapted to climate changes.
- Sustainable use of the natural resources for nutrients, organic farming, integrated nutrient management; biofertilizers.
- Water resources strategies in system intensification.
- Invasive pests (including IAPs and classical pests) threats and their environmentally safe management.
- Methodologies for producing high quality, hygienic and safe products.
- Farmers’ innovative methodologies in system intensification.
- Options for income generation through diversification of crops/added value.
- Socio-economic, policy and market implications, including institutional/corporate/NGO arrangements for livelihood security.
The Crop and Weed Science Society (CWSS) website. http://cwssbckv.org/