New additions to the EPPO A1 and A2 Lists
In September 2021, the EPPO Council approved the following changes made to the EPPO A1 and A2 Lists of pests recommended for regulation as quarantine pests.
Additions to the A1 List (pests absent from the EPPO region)
- Chrysobothris femorata (Coleoptera: Buprestidae)
- Chrysobothris mali (Coleoptera: Buprestidae)
- Orgyia leucostigma (Lepidoptera: Erebidae)
Additions to the A2 List (pests locally present in the EPPO region)
- Celastrus orbiculatus (Celastraceae)
- Xanthomonas citri pv. fuscans [following changes in taxonomy – it is one of the bacteria associated with common bacterial blight of bean]
Transfers from A1 List to A2 List
- Anoplophora glabripennis (Coleoptera: Cerambycidae)
- Aromia bungii (Coleoptera: Cerambycidae)
- Spodoptera frugiperda (Lepidoptera: Noctuidae)
Transfer from A2 List to A1 List
- Blueberry leaf mottle virus (BLMoV) [following changes in taxonomy – BLMoV is distinct from grapevine Bulgarian latent virus and absent from the EPPO region]
Deletion from the A1 List
- Citrus tatter leaf virus (CTLV) [following changes in taxonomy – CTLV is considered to be a strain of apple stem grooving virus, which is widely present in the EPPO region – see EPPO RS 2021/223]
For each individual pest, PRA documents and datasheets have been prepared (or are under development) and will be available in due course in the EPPO Global Database (https://gd.eppo.int).
EPPO Secretariat (2021-10).
EPPO A1 and A2 lists of pests recommended for regulation as quarantine pests. https://www.eppo.int/media/uploaded_images/RESOURCES/eppo_standards/pm1/pm1-002-30-en_A1A2_2021.pdf