Update on the situation of quarantine pests in Uzbekistan
The Coordinating Plant Quarantine Council of the Commonwealth of Independent States prepared a report gathering information on the situation of quarantine pests in their member countries as of January 1st, 2020. The EPPO Secretariat summarized the relevant information below for Uzbekistan and the associated data has been updated into EPPO Global Database. The country is divided in 14 administrative provinces. For each pest, the number of provinces where it is present, and the surface of the infested area are given. When the occurrence of a pest in the country was not previously known to the EPPO Secretariat, this is indicated by an asterisk (*).
- Comstockaspis perniciosa (Hemiptera: Diaspididae – EPPO A2 List): present in 9 provinces (423 ha).
- Dialeurodes citri (Hemiptera: Aleyrodidae): present in 8 provinces (67 ha).
- Grapholita molesta (Lepidoptera: Tortricidae – formerly A2 EPPO List): present in 5 provinces (975 ha).
- Leptinotarsa decemlineata (Coleoptera: Chrysomelidae - EPPO A2 List): present in 10 provinces (1542 ha).
- Phthorimaea operculella* (Lepidoptera: Gelechiidae, formerly EPPO A2 List): present in 8 provinces (581 ha).
- Phyllocnistis citrella* (Lepidoptera, Gracillariidae): present in 10 provinces (50 ha).
- Pseudococcus comstocki (Hemiptera: Pseudococcidae - formerly A2 EPPO List): present in 14 provinces (2819 ha).
- Acroptilon repens (EPPO List of Invasive Alien Plants): present in 14 provinces (5821 ha).
- Cuscuta sp.: present in 14 provinces (7045 ha).
Anonymous (2020) Справочник по карантинному фитосанитарному состоянию территорий государств - участников СНГ на 01.01.2020 г. [Handbook of quarantine phytosanitary conditions in the territories of the CIS Member States as of 2020-01-01]. All-Russian Plant Quarantine Center. 92pp.