Update on the situation of quarantine pests in Tajikistan
The Coordinating Plant Quarantine Council of the Commonwealth of Independent States prepared a report gathering information on the situation of quarantine pests in their member countries as of January 1st, 2020. The EPPO Secretariat summarized the relevant information below for Tajikistan and the associated data has been updated into EPPO Global Database. The country is divided in 4 administrative regions, which includes 65 districts). For each pest, the number of regions and districts where it is present, and the surface of the infested area are given.
- Comstockaspis perniciosa (Hemiptera: Diaspididae – EPPO A2 List): present in 4 regions, 29 districts (529 ha).
- Dialeurodes citri (Hemiptera: Aleyrodidae): present in 3 regions, 18 districts (64 ha).
- Leptinotarsa decemlineata (Coleoptera: Chrysomelidae - EPPO A2 List): present in 4 regions, 25 districts (4993 ha).
- Pseudococcus comstocki (Hemiptera: Pseudococcidae - formerly A2 EPPO List): present in 4 regions, 39 districts (7571 ha).
- Globodera rostochiensis (EPPO A2 List): present in 2 regions, 6 districts (234 ha).
- Acroptilon repens (EPPO List of Invasive Alien Plants): present in 4 regions, 45 districts (39 303 ha).
- Cuscuta sp. on herbaceous plants: present in 4 regions, 46 districts (27 842 ha).
- Cuscuta sp. on woody plants: present in 4 regions, 24 districts (170 ha).
Anonymous (2020) Справочник по карантинному фитосанитарному состоянию территорий государств - участников СНГ на 01.01.2020 г. [Handbook of quarantine phytosanitary conditions in the territories of the CIS Member States as of 2020-01-01]. All-Russian Plant Quarantine Center. 92pp.