Update on the situation of quarantine pests in Moldova
The Coordinating Plant Quarantine Council of the Commonwealth of Independent States prepared a report gathering information on the situation of quarantine pests in their member countries as of January 1st, 2020. The EPPO Secretariat summarized the relevant information below for Moldova and the associated data has been updated into EPPO Global Database. The country is divided in in 32 districts and 2 autonomous regions in total. For each pest, the number of districts where it is present and the surface of the infested area are given. When the occurrence of a pest in the country was not previously known to the EPPO Secretariat, this is indicated by an asterisk (*).
- Grapholita molesta (Lepidoptera: Tortricidae – formerly A2 EPPO List, EAEU A2 List): present in 10 districts (255 ha).
- Phthorimaea operculella (Lepidoptera: Gelechiidae, formerly EPPO A2 List, EAEU A2 List): present in 1 district (1 ha).
- Pseudococcus comstocki (Hemiptera: Pseudococcidae - formerly A2 EPPO List, EAEU A2 List): not found in 2019 (surveys in 14 districts).
- Trogoderma sp.: not found in 2019 (surveys in 14 districts).
- Cochliobolus heterostrophus (formerly A2 EPPO List): not found in 2019 (surveys in 11 districts).
- Erwinia amylovora (fireblight – EPPO A2 List): not found in 2019 (surveys in 15 districts).
- Globodera pallida* (EPPO A2 List): not found in 2019 (surveys in 8 districts).
- Globodera rostochiensis* (EPPO A2 List): not found in 2019 (surveys in 8 districts).
- Grapevine flavescence dorée phytoplasma (EPPO A2 List): not found in 2019 (surveys in 12 districts).
- plum pox virus (Potyvirus, PPV – EPPO A2 List): found in 4 districts (53 ha).
- Cenchrus spinifex (syn. C. pauciflorus) (Poaceae, EPPO Observation list of Invasive Alien Plants): present in 2 districts (4.5 ha).
- Cuscuta sp. (Convolvulaceae, EAEU A2 List): present in 33 districts (154 ha).
- Euphorbia dentata (Euphorbiaceae): not detected in 2019 (surveys in 10 districts).
Anonymous (2020) Справочник по карантинному фитосанитарному состоянию территорий государств - участников СНГ на 01.01.2020 г. [Handbook of quarantine phytosanitary conditions in the territories of the CIS Member States as of 2020-01-01]. All-Russian Plant Quarantine Center. 92pp. Available at https://vniikr.ru/today/intercoll/inter-coord