Update on the situation of quarantine pests in Kyrgyzstan
The Coordinating Plant Quarantine Council of the Commonwealth of Independent States prepared a report gathering information on the situation of quarantine pests in their member countries as of January 1st, 2020. The EPPO Secretariat summarized the relevant information below for Kyrgyzstan and the associated data has been updated into EPPO Global Database. The country is divided in 7 regions including 40 districts in total. For each pest, the number of regions and districts where it is present and the surface of the infested area are given. When the occurrence of a pest in the country was not previously known to the EPPO Secretariat, this is indicated by an asterisk (*).
- Comstockaspis perniciosa (Hemiptera: Diaspididae – EPPO A2 List): present in 7 regions (28 districts, 159 ha).
- Grapholita molesta (Lepidoptera: Tortricidae – formerly A2 EPPO List, EAEU A2 List): present in 7 regions (33 districts, 393 ha).
- Hyphantria cunea (Lepidoptera: Erebidae - formerly EPPO A2 List, EAEU A2 List): present in 1 region (Chuy) in 8 districts (515 ha).
- Monochamus galloprovincialis* (Coleoptera: Cerambycidae (vector of Bursaphelenchus xylophilus), EAEU A2 List): present in 1 region (Chuy) in 1 district (2.8 ha).
- Pseudococcus comstocki (Hemiptera: Pseudococcidae - formerly A2 EPPO List, EAEU A2 List): present in 5 regions (20 districts, 87 ha).
- Erwinia amylovora (fireblight – EPPO A2 List): present in 2 regions (10 districts,
- Globodera rostochiensis* (EPPO A2 List): present in 3 regions (3 districts, 21 ha).
- Acroptilon repens (EPPO List of Invasive Alien Plants, EAEU A2 List): present in 5 regions (24 districts, 3 092 ha).
- Cuscuta sp. (Convolvulaceae, EAEU A2 List): present in 5 regions (23 districts,
1 054 ha).
Anonymous (2020) Справочник по карантинному фитосанитарному состоянию территорий государств - участников СНГ на 01.01.2020 г. [Handbook of quarantine phytosanitary conditions in the territories of the CIS Member States as of 2020-01-01]. All-Russian Plant Quarantine Center. 92pp. Available at https://vniikr.ru/today/intercoll/inter-coord