Update on the situation of quarantine pests in Kazakhstan
The Coordinating Plant Quarantine Council of the Commonwealth of Independent States prepared a report gathering information on the situation of quarantine pests in their member countries as of January 1st, 2020. The EPPO Secretariat summarized the relevant information below for Kazakhstan and the associated data has been updated into EPPO Global Database. The country is divided in 14 regions. For each pest, the number of provinces where it is present and the surface of the infested area are given. When the occurrence of a pest in the country was not previously known to the EPPO Secretariat, this is indicated by an asterisk (*).
- Comstockaspis perniciosa* (Hemiptera: Diaspididae – EPPO A2 List): present in 3 regions (686 ha)
- Grapholita molesta (Lepidoptera: Tortricidae – formerly A2 EPPO List, EAEU A2 List): present in 3 regions (587 ha)
- Hyphantria cunea (Lepidoptera: Erebidae - formerly EPPO A2 List, EAEU A2 List): present in 1 region (14 ha)
- Lymantria dispar (Lepidoptera: Lymantriidae): present in 3 regions (595 ha).
- Monochamus galloprovincialis (Coleoptera: Cerambycidae (vector of Bursaphelenchus xylophilus), EAEU A2 List): present in 2 regions (40 ha).
- Myiopardalis pardalina (Diptera: Tephritidae, formerly EPPO Alert List): present in 5 regions (3 442 ha)
- Pseudococcus comstocki (Hemiptera: Pseudococcidae - formerly A2 EPPO List, EAEU A2 List): present in 1 region, Mangystau (0.2 ha).
- Tuta absoluta (Lepidoptera: Gelechiidae - EPPO A2 List): present in 4 regions (126 ha).
- Erwinia amylovora (fireblight – EPPO A2 List): present in 3 regions (782 ha).
- Globodera rostochiensis* (EPPO A2 List): present in 3 regions (252 ha)
- Acroptilon repens (EPPO List of Invasive Alien Plants): present in 14 regions (67 757 ha)
- Ambrosia artemisiifolia (EPPO List of Invasive Alien Plants): present in 2 regions (103 ha).
- Ambrosia psilostachya (Asteraceae, EAEU A2 List): present in 1 region, East Kazakhstan (48 ha).
- Cuscuta sp. (Convolvulaceae, EAEU A2 List): present in 14 regions (1 177 ha).
Anonymous (2020) Справочник по карантинному фитосанитарному состоянию территорий государств - участников СНГ на 01.01.2020 г. [Handbook of quarantine phytosanitary conditions in the territories of the CIS Member States as of 2020-01-01]. All-Russian Plant Quarantine Center. 92pp. Available at https://vniikr.ru/today/intercoll/inter-coord