Update on the situation of quarantine pests in Belarus
The Coordinating Plant Quarantine Council of the Commonwealth of Independent States prepared a report gathering information on the situation of quarantine pests in their member countries as of January 1st, 2020. The EPPO Secretariat summarized the relevant information below for Belarus and the associated data has been updated into EPPO Global Database. The country is divided in 6 regions. For each pest, the number of provinces where it is present and the surface of the infested area are given. When the occurrence of a pest in the country was not previously known to the EPPO Secretariat, this is indicated by an asterisk (*).
- Diabrotica virgifera virgifera (Coleoptera: Chrysomelidae - EPPO A2 List): present in 2 regions (353 ha).
- Frankliniella occidentalis* (Thysanoptera: Thripidae – EPPO A2 List): present in 3 regions (11 ha).
- Hyphantria cunea (Lepidoptera: Erebidae - formerly EPPO A2 List, EAEU A2 List): present in one region (17 963 ha), see EPPO RS 2020/144.
- Erwinia amylovora (fireblight – EPPO A2 List): present in 2 regions (496 ha).
- Globodera rostochiensis (EPPO A2 List): present in 5 regions (2 867 ha)
- Synchytrium endobioticum (EPPO A2 List): present in 2 regions (0.36 ha).
- Ambrosia artemisiifolia (EPPO List of Invasive Alien Plants): present in 2 regions (172 ha).
- Cuscuta sp. (Convolvulaceae, EAEU A2 List): present in 6 regions (540 ha).
Anonymous (2020) Справочник по карантинному фитосанитарному состоянию территорий государств - участников СНГ на 01.01.2020 г. [Handbook of quarantine phytosanitary conditions in the territories of the CIS Member States as of 2020-01-01]. All-Russian Plant Quarantine Center. 92pp. Available at https://vniikr.ru/today/intercoll/inter-coord