Update on the situation of quarantine pests in Armenia
The Coordinating Plant Quarantine Council of the Commonwealth of Independent States prepared a report gathering information on the situation of quarantine pests in their member countries as of January 1st, 2020. The EPPO Secretariat summarized the relevant information below for Armenia and the associated data has been updated into EPPO Global Database. The country is divided in 10 provinces. For each pest, the number of provinces where it is present and the surface of the infested area are given. When the occurrence of a pest in the country was not previously known to the EPPO Secretariat, this is indicated by an asterisk (*).
- Comstockaspis perniciosa* (Hemiptera: Diaspididae – EPPO A2 List): present in 7 provinces (1751 ha).
- Daktulosphaira vitifoliae (Hemiptera: Phylloxeridae - EPPO A2 List): present in 3 provinces.
- Grapholita molesta (Lepidoptera: Tortricidae – formerly A2 EPPO List, EAEU A2 List): present in 7 provinces (87 770 ha).
- Pseudococcus comstocki (Hemiptera: Pseudococcidae - formerly A2 EPPO List, EAEU A2 List): present in 5 provinces (59 ha).
- Tuta absoluta* (Lepidoptera: Gelechiidae - EPPO A2 List): present in 2 provinces (2.4 ha).
- Erwinia amylovora (fireblight – EPPO A2 List): present in 9 provinces (841 ha).
- Globodera rostochiensis (EPPO A2 List): present in 2 provinces (56 ha).
- Synchytrium endobioticum (EPPO A2 List): present in 2 provinces (35 ha).
- Acroptilon repens (Asteraceae, EPPO List of Invasive Alien Plants): present in 7 provinces (14 046 ha).
- Cuscuta sp. (Convolvulaceae, EAEU A2 List): present in 6 provinces (13 605 ha).
Anonymous (2020) Справочник по карантинному фитосанитарному состоянию территорий государств - участников СНГ на 01.01.2020 г. [Handbook of quarantine phytosanitary conditions in the territories of the CIS Member States as of 2020-01-01]. All-Russian Plant Quarantine Center. 92pp. Available at https://vniikr.ru/today/intercoll/inter-coord