New additions to the EPPO A1 and A2 Lists
In September 2019, the EPPO Council approved the addition of the following pests to the EPPO A1 and A2 Lists of pests recommended for regulation as quarantine pests.
Pests absent from the EPPO region (A1)
No additions in 2019.
Pests present in the EPPO region (A2)
- Agrilus bilineatus (Coleoptera: Buprestidae)
- Agrilus fleischeri (Coleoptera: Buprestidae)
- Ambrosia trifida (Asteraceae)
Due to taxonomic revisions, the following changes have been made to the lists:
- Bactrocera invadens, B. papayae, B. philippinensis are now considered to be synonyms of Bactrocera dorsalis, therefore only B. dorsalis appears separately in the EPPO A1 List.
- Ceratocystis fagacearum is now called Bretziella fagacearum (EPPO A1 List)
- Verticillium albo-atrum hop infecting strains have been replaced by Verticillium nonalfalfae hop infecting strains (EPPO A2 List)
For each individual pest, PRA documents and datasheets have been prepared (or are under development) and will be available in due course in the EPPO Global Database (https://gd.eppo.int) and in the EPPO Bulletin (datasheets only). In addition, posters to raise public awareness have been specifically prepared for most of these pests and can be downloaded from the EPPO website:
EPPO Secretariat (2019-09).