New additions to the EPPO Lists
In September 2010, the EPPO Council approved the addition of the following pests to the EPPO A1 and A2 Lists of pests recommended for regulation as quarantine pests. In order to draw the attention of NPPOs to these newly added pests, they have also been placed on the EPPO Action List. The later displays management measures which are recommended to the EPPO member countries and brief descriptions of the areas endangered by these pests. As some A1 pests are now found with a limited distribution in the EPPO region, they were transferred to the A2 List.
Addition to the A1 List (pests absent from the EPPO region):
- Bactrocera invadens (Diptera: Tephritidae)
- Epitrix subcrinita (Coleoptera: Chrysomelidae)
- Saperda candida (Coleoptera: Cerambycidae)
Additions to the A2 List (pests locally present in the EPPO region):
- Epitrix similaris (Coleoptera: Chrysomelidae)
- Meloidogyne enterolobii
Transfers from the A1 List to the A2 List:
- Bursaphelenchus xylophilus
- Diaporthe vaccinii
- Gibberella circinata
Addition of already listed pests to the Action List (urgent phytosanitary concern)
The EPPO Working Party on Phytosanitary Regulations considered that the following pests (already listed on the EPPO A1 List) presented an urgent phytosanitary concern and recommended that they should be added to the EPPO Action List:
- Citrus huanglongbing (‘Candidatus Liberibacter africanum’, ‘Ca. L. asiaticum’, ‘Ca. L. americanum) and its psyllid vectors (Diaphorina citri and Trioza erytreae)
- Epitrix cucumeris and E. tuberis (Coleoptera: Chrysomelidae)
For each individual pest, datasheets and distribution maps are being prepared and will be available in due course on the EPPO web site.
EPPO Secretariat, 2010-09.
EPPO A1 List: http://www.eppo.org/QUARANTINE/listA1.htm
EPPO A2 List: http://www.eppo.org/QUARANTINE/listA2.htm
EPPO Action List: http://www.eppo.org/QUARANTINE/Action_List/action_list.htm