New additions to the EPPO A1 and A2 Lists
In September 2018, the EPPO Council approved the addition of the following pests to the EPPO A1 and A2 Lists of pests recommended for regulation as quarantine pests.
Pests absent from the EPPO region (A1)
- Rose rosette emaravirus and its vector Phyllocoptes fructiphilus (Acari: Eriophyidae),
- Massicus raddei (Coleoptera: Cerambycidae),
- Pomacea canaliculata (Gastropoda: Ampullariidae),
- Cortaderia jubata (Poaceae),
- Lespedeza cuneata (Fabaceae),
- Lygodium japonicum (Schizaeaceae),
- Triadica sebifera (Euphorbiaceae).
Pests present in the EPPO region (A2)
- Pomacea maculata (Gastropoda: Ampullariidae),
- Xanthomonas phaseoli pv. dieffenbachiae (Bacteria)*
- Ambrosia confertiflora (Asteraceae),
- Andropogon virginicus (Poaceae),
- Ehrharta calycina (Poaceae),
- Hakea sericea (Proteaceae),
- Humulus scandens (Cannabaceae),
- Prosopis juliflora (Fabaceae).
For each individual pest, PRA documents and datasheets have been prepared (or are under development) and will be available in due course in the EPPO Global Database (https://gd.eppo.int) and in the EPPO Bulletin (datasheets only). In addition, posters to raise public awareness have been specifically prepared for most of these pests and can be downloaded from the EPPO website:
* Following changes in taxonomy, Xanthomonas phaseoli pv. dieffenbachiae is added to the EPPO A2 List, and Xanthomonas axonopodis pv. dieffenbachiae is deleted from the A2 List.
EPPO Secretariat (2018-09).