15th International Symposium on aquatic plants (Queenstown, NZ, 2018-02-18/23)
The 15th International Symposium on aquatic plants will be held in Queenstown in the South Island of New Zealand from the 18-23 February, 2016. The conference aims to promote and debate all issues relating to the science and management of aquatic plants, and it is the first time the meeting has been held outside of Europe. There are three main themes with several sessions planned including:
Biodiversity, conservation and bio-monitoring
- Genetic diversity in aquatic plants,
- Threats to aquatic plant biodiversity,
- Conservation of aquatic and wetland vegetation,
- Assessment and ecological condition.
Management and invasive plants
- Biology, impacts and risk assessment,
- Aquatic nuisance plant monitoring techniques, surveillance and detection,
- Improving control methods of invasive plants,
- Eradication case studies and strategies.
Ecosystem response and restoration
- Stress ecology in the context of variable resource availability,
- Environment change -climate change,
- Macrophytes in flowing waters,
- Biotic interactions and ecological thresholds,
- Restoration and resilience of aquatic ecosystems.
To register your interest and receive updates on the conference go to the link below.