EPPO Standards on efficacy evaluation of plant protection products: update of the web-based database
The specific EPPO Standards for the efficacy evaluation of plant protection products (PP1) describe the conduct of trials carried out to assess the efficacy of plant protection products against specific pests. They are addressed to all institutions, official registration authorities, public institutes or private firms carrying out such trials. Since February 2009 the whole series of EPPO PP1 Standards (more than 290 Standards covering a wide range of crops and pests) is available in an online database in which Standards can be easily retrieved as PDF files by using a simple search tool. All general Standards (e.g. design, conduct, reporting and analysis of trials, phytotoxicity, effects on succeeding crops, analysis of resistance risk, minor uses) can be accessed free of charge. Access to specific Standards (e.g. aphids on potato, weeds in cereals) is provided for an annual fee. Subscriptions should be made directly online via the database. For more information on the contents of the database and subscriptions, please consult our web page: http://www.eppo.org/DATABASES/pp1/pp1.htm
The database has been updated with the following new and revised standards adopted by EPPO Council in September 2016.
- PP 1/293(1) Nasonovia ribisnigri and other aphids on lettuce (new)
- PP 1/294(1) Ceutorhynchus picitarsis (new)
- PP 1/295(1) Helicoverpa armigera on vegetables and ornamentals (new)
- PP 1/272(2) Foliar diseases on maize (revised)
- PP 1/291(1) Evaluation of the influence of tank mix adjuvants on the efficacy of plant protection products (new)
- PP 1/292(1) Cleaning pesticide application equipment (PAE) – efficacy aspects (new)
Direct access to the database: http://pp1.eppo.int.
In addition, 21 new extrapolation tables have been adopted to accompany EPPO Standard PP 1/257 Efficacy and crop safety extrapolations for minor uses.
Extrapolation tables are available at: http://www.eppo.int/PPPRODUCTS/minor_uses/minor_uses.htm
EPPO Secretariat (2016-12).