IRAC Insecticide/Acaricide Susceptibility Tests
EPPO's Working Party on Plant Protection Products has a continuing interest in the management of resistance to pesticides. An essential tool for such management is the use of comparable test methods to determine sensitivity or resistance of pests to pesticides. In this context, Bulletin OEPP/EPPO Bulletin has recently published the proposed insecticide/acaricide susceptibility tests of the IRAC (Insecticide Resistance Action Committee), of GIFAP (International Group of National Associations of Manufacturers of Agrochemical Products). These tests are proposed as drafts, to be finally recommended by IRAC after 2 years' field testing. Interested persons are invited to evaluate the tests and to return recording sheets (as in the Bulletin publication) to: GIFAP, attention Mrs O. Wilson, avenue Albert Lancaster 79 a, 1180 Brussels (BE).
The proposed methods concern:
- Myzus persicae
- Psylla spp
- Eggs of Panonychus ulmi & Tetranychus spp.
- Adults of Panonychus ulmi, P. citri & Tetranvchus spp
- Nilaparvata lugens & Nephotettix cincticeps
- Beetles damaging stored products
- Leaf-eating larvae of Lepidoptera and Coleoptera
- Bemisia tabaci
- Leucoptera malifoliella & Lithocolletis blancardella
A similar publication originating from the FRAC (Fungicide Resistance Action committee) of GIFAP will appear shortly.
Bulletin OEPP/EPPO Bulletin.