EPPO/CoE Workshop on Eichhornia crassipes and Eichhornia azurea, 2008-06-02/04, Mérida (ES)
The workshop “How to manage invasive alien plants? The case studies of Eichhornia crassipes and Eichhornia azurea” will be organized in Mérida (ES) on 2008-06-04/06 by EPPO and the Council of Europe (Bern Convention), under the auspices of the Spanish Ministry of Agriculture, Fisheries and Alimentation and the Ministry of Environment, as well as the Confederación Hidrográfica del Guadiana.
The workshop will focus on the following topics:
- the biology of Eichhornia crassipes and E. azurea
- the pathways of entry of the plant: as an ornamental plant, as a contaminant, etc.
- the ability of establishment and spread of Eichhornia crassipes and E. azurea
- impacts of Eichhornia crassipes and E. azurea (economic, environmental, social, etc.)
- management measures of Eichhornia crassipes and E. azurea (mechanical, chemical, biological control, etc.),
- communication action on Eichhornia crassipes and E. azurea
Registration is still open.