New additions to the EPPO A1 and A2 Lists
In September 2015, the EPPO Council approved the addition of the following pests to the EPPO A1 and A2 Lists of pests recommended for regulation as quarantine pests.
Addition to the A1 List (pests absent from the EPPO region):
- Andean potato mild mosaic virus (Tymovirus),
- Leucinodes africensis, L. rimavallis and L. pseudorbonalis (Lepidoptera: Crambidae).
Additions to the A2 List (pests locally present in the EPPO region):
- Geosmithia morbida (fungi) and Pityophthorus juglandis (Coleoptera: Scolytidae),
- Heterobasidion irregulare (fungi),
- Xanthomonas perforans, X. euvesicatoria and X. gardneri (bacteria),
- Alternanthera philoxeroides (Amaranthaceae),
- Myriophyllum heterophyllum (Haloragaceae),
- Microstegium vimineum (Poaceae).
Transfer from A1 to the A2 List:
- Bactrocera zonata (Diptera: Tephritidae),
- Dacus ciliatus (Diptera: Tephritidae).
Deletion from the A2 List
- Xanthomonas axonopodis pv. vesicatoria (bacteria).
For each individual pest, a datasheet and PRA documents are being prepared and will be available in due course on the EPPO website.
EPPO Secretariat (2015-09).