Interceptions of fruit flies in France
The French Plant Protection Service has informed EPPO that during the period 1993-09 - 1994-01, 11 consignments of fruits from Indonesia, French Polynesia, Kenya and Mexico were intercepted due to the infestations by various Anastrepha and Bactrocera fruit flies (EPPO A1 quarantine pests).
- Four consignments of mangoes (total 4663 kg) from Indonesia were infested by Bactrocera sp.
- Two consignments of guavas (total 75 kg) from Indonesia were infested by Bactroceraÿsp.
- One consignment of mangoes (total 45 kg) from Kenya was infested by Bactroceraÿsp.
- One consignment of mangoes (total 15 kg) from Tahiti was infested by Bactrocera sp.
- Two consignments of mangoes (total 525 kg) from Mexico were infested by Anastrepha obliqua.
- One consignment of Citrus paradisi (total 10784 kg) from Mexico was infested by Anastrepha sp.
French Plant protection Service, (1994-03)