EPPO Standards on efficacy evaluation of plant protection products: update of the web-based database
The EPPO standards for the efficacy evaluation of plant protection products (PP1) describe the conduct of trials carried out to assess the efficacy of plant protection products against specific pests. They are addressed to all institutions, official registration authorities, public institutes or private firms carrying out such trials. Until 2008, these Standards were published as paper brochures but following numerous demands, in February 2009 the EPPO Secretariat released a new database which contains the whole series of EPPO PP1 Standards (more than 260 standards covering a wide range of crops and pests). In this new database, all Standards can be easily retrieved as PDF files using a simple search tool.
The database has been updated with revised standards adopted by EPPO Council in September 2009.
- Weeds in grassland (PP 1/61)
- Weeds in strawberry (PP 1/92)
- Grassland renewal (PP 1/94)
- Weeds in forests (PP 1/116)
- Weeds on hard and semi-permeable surfaces (PP 1/117)
- Weeds in amenity grassland (PP 1/136)
- Weeds in tree and shrub nurseries (PP 1/141)
- Control of suckers in Rubus (PP 1/154)
- Regulation of growth in strawberry (PP 1/190)
- Whiteflies (Trialeurodes vaporariorum, Bemisia tabaci) on protected crops (PP 1/36)
- Otiorhynchus spp. on ornamentals and strawberry (PP 1/111)
All general Standards (e.g. design, conduct, reporting and analysis of trials, phytotoxicity, effects on succeeding crops, analysis of resistance risk, minor uses) can be accessed free of charge. Access to specific Standards (e.g. aphids on potato, weeds in cereals) is provided for an annual fee. Subscriptions should be made directly online via the database. For more information on the detailed contents of the database and subscriptions, please consult the EPPO web page: http://www.eppo.org/DATABASES/pp1/pp1.htm
Direct access to the database: http://pp1.eppo.org
EPPO Secretariat, 2009-10.