Present situation of Ralstonia solanacearum in the Netherlands
The situation of Ralstonia solanacearum (EPPO A2 quarantine pest) in the Netherlands was presented in details in the EPPO RS 97/111. The Plant Protection Service of the Netherlands informed the EPPO Secretariat of further test results for the potato harvests of 1996 and 1997 (until 1997-10-01).
Potato harvest 1996
- Number of tested potato samples: 64,463. This includes samples taken during the survey and before issuing plant passports.
- Number of infested farms: 14, including 9 seed potato-growing farms and 5 ware potato-growing farms.
- Number of areas with infested surface water and therefore submitted to a prohibition on use of surface water for irrigation and spraying in potato and tomato crops : 30.
Potato harvest 1997 (until 1997-10-01)
- Number of tested potato samples: 31,000.
- Number of infested farms: 1 ware potato-growing farm.
For the 1997 potato harvest, it is expected that approximately 70,000 samples will be tested for R. solanacearum, including samples taken during the survey, before issuing plant passports and samples taken from farm saved seed potatoes.
Plant Protection Service of the Netherlands, 1997-10.