Situation of some quarantine pests in Hungary in 1996
The Plant Protection Service of Hungary recently informed the EPPO Secretariat of the situation of some quarantine pests observed in 1996:
- Bemisia tabaci (EPPO A2 quarantine pest): its presence was observed very locally in two glasshouses.
- Cryphonectria parasitica (EPPO A2 quarantine pest): is present on 2 sites (70 ha), the infested area did not increase. Nurseries are free from the disease.
- Diabrotica virgifera virgifera (EPPO A2 quarantine pest): caught by pheromone traps in the south of the country (see also EPPO RS 97/033). No breeding populations were found on maize crops.
- Globodera rostochiensis (EPPO A2 quarantine pest): infested soils and crops were found in 15 isolated areas (212,4 ha) which are placed under quarantine.
- Helicoverpa armigera (EPPO A2 quarantine pest): it occurs in spot infestations in 16 counties (approximately 52479 ha) on various crops: maize, tobacco, sugarbeet, alfalfa, potato, vegetables and ornamental plants.
- Puccinia horiana (EPPO A2 quarantine pest): it was observed locally on 19 places (0.6 ha), in commercial crops and in house gardens.