New additions to the EPPO Lists
In September 2009, the EPPO Council approved the addition of the following pests to the EPPO A1 and A2 Lists of pests recommended for regulation. In order to draw the attention of NPPOs to these newly added pests, they have also been placed on the EPPO Action List. The later displays management measures which are recommended to the EPPO member countries and brief descriptions of the areas endangered by these pests. As some A1 pests are now found with a limited distribution in the EPPO region, they were transferred to the A2 List. The EPPO Council also agreed the deletion of Lysichiton americanus from the EPPO A2 List.
Addition to the A1 List (pests absent from the EPPO region):
- Xanthomonas axonopodis pv. allii
Additions to the A2 List (pests locally present in the EPPO region):
- Heracleum persicum (Apiaceae)
- Heracleum sosnowskyi (Apiaceae)
- Metamasius hemipterus (Coleoptera: Curculionidae)
Transfers from the A1 List to the A2 List:
- Agrilus planipennis (Coleoptera: Buprestidae)
- Aleurocanthus spiniferus (Homoptera: Aleyrodidae)
- Tuta absoluta (Lepidoptera: Gelechiidae)
Deletion from the A2 List:
- Lysichiton americanus (Araceae)
For each individual pest, datasheets and distribution maps are being prepared and will be available in due course on the EPPO web site.
EPPO Secretariat, 2009-09.
EPPO A1 List: http://www.eppo.org/QUARANTINE/listA1.htm
EPPO A2 List: http://www.eppo.org/QUARANTINE/listA2.htm
EPPO Action List: http://www.eppo.org/QUARANTINE/Action_List/action_list.htm