Details on the situation of several quarantine pests in Hungary in 1999
The NPPO of Hungary has recently informed the EPPO Secretariat of the situation of several quarantine pests in 1999 (the 1998 situation was presented in EPPO RS 99/057).
- Ophiostoma novo-ulmi: was observed on 2 places (0.1 ha). Production sites of propagating material are free from this pathogen.
- Cryphonectria parasitica (EPPO A2 quarantine pest): occurred on 7 sites (45 ha). The infested area did not increase (see EPPO RS 99/057). Production sites of propagating material are free from it.
- Diabrotica virgifera (EPPO A2 quarantine pest): as already reported in EPPO RS 2000/031, it continued to spread towards the north. In 1999, pheromone and yellow sticky traps caught 9304 beetles in 12 counties. Larval damage was noted in Csongrád and Békés counties, but did not reach economic levels.
- Erwinia amylovora (EPPO A2 quarantine pest): was found in 9 counties, on 60 sites covering a total of 466.7 ha (9.3 ha of private gardens and 457.4 ha of orchards) and corresponding to 35708 infected trees (situation is rather similar to 1998, see EPPO RS 99/058). One nursery was found infected at Alsótekeres, in Fejér county. All other nurseries were found free from fireblight and are subject to regular phytosanitary inspections.
- Globodera rostochiensis (EPPO A2 quarantine pest): infested soils and crops were found on 31 isolated areas (339.5 ha) which were placed under quarantine.
- Helicoverpa armigera (EPPO A2 quarantine pest): occurred on maize crops in 2 isolated places (133.5 ha) in Érsekvadkert and Vanyarc (Nógrad county).
- Puccinia horiana (EPPO A2 quarantine pest): was observed under glasshouses in 3 places (0.3 ha) in Kiskunmajsa, in 1 place (0.01 ha) in Bácsalmás (Bács-Kiskun county), and in 1 place (0.35 ha) in Keszthely (Zala county).
- Xanthomonas vesicatoria (EPPO A2 quarantine pest): was observed in 1 place (0.7 ha) on Capsicum annuum plants in Dombiratos (Békés county) and in 1 place in Budapest on stored C. annuum seeds.
NPPO of Hungary, 2000-05.