Meeting between Russia, Finland, Sweden and Estonia on forest quarantine issues
A meeting between the NPPOs of Russia, Finland, Sweden and Estonia on forest quarantine issues took place in Moscow (RU) on the 2001-12-17/21. The main decisions taken were the following:
1) ; ; ; ;use of internal quarantine certificates within Russia during transportation of wood and wood products to know their exact origin and phytosanitary condition;
2) ; ; ; ;the period of validity of the phytosanitary certificate will be in accordance with EU Directive 2000/29;
3) ; ; ; ;surveys of forest plantations to reveal the possible presence of Bursaphelenchus xylophilus will be carried out in the four countries;
4) ; ; ; ;a special group of experts will be created to develop methods for the identification of Bursaphelenchus species: B. xylophilus, B. mucronatus, B. fraudulentus …
5) ; ; ; ;surveys on Dendrolimus sibiricus in the European part of Russia and in territories of the other countries concerned were felt necessary to determine the western limit of pest spread.
EPPO Secretariat, 2001-12.