2nd EWRS international conference on novel and sustainable weed management in arid and semi-arid agro-ecosystems, Santorini (GR), 2009-09-7/10
The European Weed Research Society is organizing the 2nd international conference on novel and sustainable weed management in arid and semi-arid agro-ecosystems to be held in Santorini (GR), on 2009-09-07/10.
The aim of the conference is to establish a forum of weed scientists involved in research in weed biology, distribution and management in arid and semi-arid agriculture. The following topics shall be covered during the symposium:
- weed biology, ecology and modelling,
- invasive weeds: biology, control and quarantine regulations
- integrated weed management in arid and semi arid farming systems: dry land crops and irrigated crops
- cultural, physical and biological weed control practices
- parasitic weeds
- herbicide resistant weeds and crops
- herbicide behaviour in soils, bio-remediation and methyl bromide alternatives
- biotechnology and molecular biology in weed science
- application methods and formulations.
European Weed Research Society Website: http://www.ewrs.org/arid/default.asp