Q-collect inventory questionnaire on plant pest collections
EPPO is a partner in the EU-FP7 funded Q-collect project on collections of plant pests. Q-collect aims to improve the status of reference collections important to plant health and the objectives of the project are to:
- make an inventory of existing plant pest collections in the European and Mediterranean region, and of their content,
- develop guidelines for quality standards,
- develop guidelines to improve the accessibility of these collections,
- design and build a network of reference collections,
- develop an info-portal on the web to provide information on the outcomes of the project,
- disseminate results to stakeholders.
Q-collect will in particular:
- support a network of national reference collections relevant to national and EU phytosanitary policy,
- provide guidelines for preserving, maintaining and improving the quality, accessibility of national reference collections (specimens, tissue and DNA) and consequently ensuring harmonization of collection maintenance across Europe.
Information on the project is available on the Q-collect website: www.q-collect.eu
An online questionnaire has been established to collect data on existing plant pest collections and their content. This questionnaire is available at:
http://survey.q-collect.eu/ (end date of the survey 2014-07-31)
Curators of a plant pest collection who have not been contacted directly are invited to contribute in this survey.
EPPO Secretariat (2014-05).