PQR - the EPPO database on quarantine pests: new update
PQR - the EPPO database on quarantine pests (geographical distributions, host plants, regulatory status, pathways, and pictures) was updated on 2014-03-06. As some users had reported difficulties with the previous system of PQR automatic updates (usually due to security reasons and need of administration rights), the EPPO Secretariat has decided to modify it. In addition, PQR data and pictures were previously provided in separate files. In the current system, this has been simplified for the users as data and pictures are provided and updated in a single operation.
Because this represents a major modification, users are now kindly requested to install PQR again on their computer (it is not necessary to delete/remove the old PQR).
Click on the link below:
Enter your e-mail and choose the type of installation that best fits your IT environment:
- Installer (as before, you need administration rights, follow installation wizard)
- Zip package (you do NOT need administration rights, download the file, unzip, and run pqr.exe)
Once re-installed, PQR will function as before and users will be automatically notified when further updates are available.
The following new items have been added since the previous update (2013-09-12)
- New world distributions: e.g. Heterobasidion irregulare, Geosmithia morbida, Pityophthorus juglandis, Trichoferus campestris (update).
- New pest pictures (e.g. Aproceros leucopoda, Heterobasidion irregulare, Thaumatotibia leucotreta, Xylella fastidiosa).
- All recent data from the EPPO Reporting Service (September 2013 to January 2014)
If you have not already installed PQR on your computer, you can download it (free) from the EPPO website: http://www.eppo.int/DATABASES/pqr/pqr.htm
EPPO Secretariat (2014-03).