International workshop on invasive alien species in agricultural and non-agricultural areas in the ESENIAS Region, Çanakkale (TR), 2013-12-16/17
The 4th ESENIAS (South and East European Network on Invasive Alien Species) workshop, entitled ‘International Workshop on Invasive Alien Species (IAS) in Agricultural and Non-Agricultural Areas in ESENIAS Region’ will be held on 2013-12-16/17 at Çanakkale Onsekiz Mart University, in Çanakkale (TR).
The Workshop will bring together representatives of ESENIAS, as well as experts on environmental management and pest control from national and regional environmental and agricultural departments and ministries, the scientific community and other organizations working with IAS to:
- Share information on IAS in agricultural and non-agricultural areas and related initiatives carried out at the regional level, such as national or local monitoring schemes, risk assessments, control and eradication projects, management plans and national strategies, citizen activities and responsibilities;
- Follow up on the work plan of the ESENIAS network, which was prepared in the previous meeting;
- Discuss the proposed EU Regulation on IAS management;
- Continue to follow requirements of CBD 2020 strategy and review developments in the region;
- Seek further improvement of cooperation.
Registration is open till the 31st of October 2013.
ESENIAS (East and South European Network for Invasive Alien Species) Website