2nd International Congress on biological invasions, Qingdao (CN), 2013-09-23/26
Following the successful 1st International Congress on biological invasions organized in 2009 in Fuhzou (CN), the 2nd International Congress on biological invasions will be organized in Qingdao (CN), on 2013-09-23/26. The theme of this congress is ‘Biological Invasions, Ecological Safety and Food Security’. The sessions that will be held focus on the following issues:
- Biological invasions under global change;
- Biological invasions and food biosecurity;
- Increasing the profile of invasive species science-based approaches in the International policy arena;
- Pathways: management, detection, and simulation;
- Risk assessment techniques;
- Invasiveness and characteristics (genetic, phenotypic plasticity, ecological adaptation);
- Influences of biotic interactions in biological invasions;
- Impacts on functions of ecosystem services;
- Biocontrol, genetic management and ecological manipulation of IAS;
- Area-wide management of invasive alien species in agriculture;
- Sustainable management of invasive alien species in forests;
- Invasions in mega-diverse developing countries: scientific and policy problems;
- Harmonia axyridis: time for a global collaboration;
- Ragweed: management strategy and global collaboration;
- Freshwater/marine invasions, ecological threats and management strategy;
- Novel interactions in emerging vector borne diseases;
- Invasiveness of bio-fuel plants.
The deadline for submissions is the 20th of July 2013.
Website of the 2nd International Congress on biological invasions.