4th EWRS International Symposium on Weeds & Invasive Plants ‘Intractable Weeds and Plant invaders’ (Montpellier, FR, 2014-05-18/23)
The 4th EWRS Symposium on Weeds ; Invasive Plants will be held in Montpellier (FR) on 2014-05-18/23. The series of meetings entitled ‘Intractable Weeds and Plant invaders’ was initiated in 2006 and takes place every three years in a different European country. The objective of this Symposium is to bring together specialists on biology, ecology, invasive weed science and management practices, and to share experiences on plant invaders and intractable weeds in both agricultural and natural ecosystems. For this 4th symposium, a particular focus will be given to invasive weeds in the Mediterranean region.
The provisional sessions of the scientific program are indicated below:
- Agricultural weeds and invasive plants in the Mediterranean region;
- Ragweeds (Ambrosia artemisiifolia, A. trifida, A. psilostachya, etc.) and other emerging invasive plants affecting human health;
- Invasive plants in aquatic ecosystems;
- Biology, ecology and impacts of invasive plants;
- Management strategies for invasive plants: prevention and control;
- Economic, sociological and ethical aspects.
Guillaume Fried (French Plant Health Laboratory, Anses)
Christian Bohren (Coordinator of EWRS -WG Invasive Plants)
Symposium website: http://www.ansespro.fr/invasiveplants2014/
EPPO Secretariat (2012-11).