Launch of the Global Invasive Alien Species Information Partnership
On Wednesday 10th of October, the Global Invasive Alien Species Information Partnership was launched. This Partnership was conceived as a dynamic network of stakeholders involved in the use and provision of information and tools relevant to the prevention, control, and eradication of invasive alien species.
The first phase of the Work Plan of the Partnership will last until the end of 2020 (consistent with the timeline for the Strategic Plan for Biodiversity 2011-2020). The Operational Plan of the Partnership includes two annexes: (a) a Memorandum of Cooperation (MoC) template through which relevant organizations can join and (b) the provisional Work Plan.
During its initial Phase, the Working Groups of the Partnership will focus on:
- The Partnership Gateway functionalities;
- Database interoperability, data gaps and quality improvement;
- Information synthesis and assessment;
- Taxonomic information services;
- Best practices for the non-electronic means of information access and exchange.
The Partnership operational plan is accessible on the Convention on Biological Diversity website: http://www.cbd.int/doc/meetings/cop/cop-11/information/cop-11-inf-34-en.pdf