Modifications to the EU Annexes I and II of EU Directive 2000/29
The Annexes I and II of the EU Directive 2000/29 which lists the quarantine pests for the European Union have recently been modified as follows.
- Additions to EU Annexes I and II
- Dendrolimus sibiricus
- Diabrotica virgifera zeae (the former entry D. virgifera has been split into D. virgifera zeae which does not occur in Europe and D. virgifera virgifera which has been introduced into Europe).
- Rhynchophorus palmarum
- Agrilus planipennis (on plants of Fraxinus, Juglans mandshurica, Ulmus davidiana, Ulmus parvifolia, Pterocarya rhoifolia from Canada, China, Japan, Mongolia, Republic of Korea, Russia, Taiwan and the USA).
- Chrysanthemum stem necrosis virus (on plants of Dendranthema and Lycopersicon esculentum).
- Scrobipalpopsis (Tecia) solanivora (on tubers of Solanum tuberosum).
- Stegophora ulmea (on plants of Ulmus and Zelkova).
- Diabrotica virgifera virgifera
- Helicoverpa armigera transferred from Annex I to Annex II (on plants of Dendranthema, Dianthus, Pelargonium and Solanaceae).
- Paysandisia archon (on 11 genera of Palmae: Brahea, Butia, Chamaerops, Jubaea, Livistona, Phoenix, Sabal, Syagrus, Trachycarpus, Trithrinax, Washingtonia).
- Deletions from EU Annex II
- Colletotrichum acutatum (considering its widespread distribution, it is no longer listed as a quarantine pest).
- Thaumetopoea pityocampa (considering that now occurs in Ibiza (Spain) which was previously considered as a protected zone, T. pityocampa is no longer considered as a quarantine pest).
- Changes in taxonomy and nomenclature:
- Heliothis armigera is now listed as Helicoverpa armigera.
- Saissetia nigra is now listed as Parasaissetia nigra.
Commission Directive 2008/64/EC of 27 June 2008 amending Annexes I to IV to Council Directive 2000/29/EC on protective measures against the introduction into the Community of organisms harmful to plants or plant products and against their spread within the Community. Official Journal of the European Union L 168, 31-35.
Commission Directive 2009/7/EC of 10 February 2009 amending Annexes I, II, IV and V to Council Directive 2000/29/EC on protective measures against the introduction into the Community of organisms harmful to plants or plant products and against their spread within the Community. Official Journal of the European Union L 40, 12-18.