EPPO Standards on efficacy evaluation of plant protection products: update of the web-based database
The EPPO standards for the efficacy evaluation of plant protection products (PP1) describe the conduct of trials carried out to assess the efficacy of plant protection products against specific pests. They are addressed to all institutions, official registration authorities, public institutes or private firms carrying out such trials. Until 2008, these Standards were published as paper brochures but following numerous demands, the EPPO Secretariat has released, in February 2009, a new database which contains the whole series of EPPO PP1 Standards (more than 260 standards covering a wide range of crops and pests). In this new database, all Standards can be easily retrieved as PDF files by using a simple search tool.
The database has been updated with new and revised standards adopted by EPPO Council in September 2011.
- Anthracnose on olive (revision PP 1/67)
- Cycloconium oleaginum (revision PP 1/81)
- Foliar diseases on maize (PP 1/272) (new)
- Pseudomonas syringae pv. tomato and Xanthomonas spp. on tomato (PP1/273)(new)
- Diabrotica virgifera virgifera- larvae (revision PP 1/212)
- Diabrotica virgifera virgifera- adults (PP 1/274) (new)
- Tuta absoluta (PP 1/275) (new)
- Weeds in water-seeded rice (PP 1/62)
- Weeds in outdoor fruit vegetables (revision PP 1/118)
- Weeds in hop (revision PP 1/139)
- Reduction of lodging in water-seeded rice (revision PP 1/145)
- Control of suckers in grapevine (revision PP 1/161)
- Dwarfing of ornamental trees and shrubs (revision PP 1/183)
- Rooting of cuttings (revision PP 1/186)
- Guidance on Comparative Assessment (PP1/271) (new)
All general Standards (e.g. design, conduct, reporting and analysis of trials, phytotoxicity, effects on succeeding crops, analysis of resistance risk, minor uses) can be accessed free of charge. Access to specific Standards (e.g. aphids on potato, weeds in cereals) is provided for an annual fee. Subscriptions should be made directly online via the database. For more information on the detailed contents of the database and subscriptions, please consult our web page: http://www.eppo.org/DATABASES/pp1/pp1.htm
Direct access to the database: http://pp1.eppo.org
EPPO Secretariat, 2011-12.