New additions to the EPPO Lists
In September 2006, the EPPO Council approved the addition of the following pests to the EPPO A1 and A2 Lists of pests recommended for regulation. In order to draw the attention of NPPOs to these newly added pests, they will also be placed on the EPPO Action List.
A1 List (pests absent from the EPPO region):
- Homalodisca coagulata (Homoptera: Cicadellidae, vector of Xylella fastidiosa),
- Phytophthora lateralis.
A2 List (pests locally present in the EPPO region):
- Paysandisia archon (Lepidoptera: Castniidae),
- Rhynchophorus ferrugineus (Coleoptera: Curculionidae),
- Crassula helmsii (Crassulaceae),
- Pueraria lobata, (Fabaceae),
- Solanum elaeagnifolium (Solanaceae).
For each individual pest, datasheets and distribution maps are being prepared and will be available in due course on the EPPO web site (http://www.eppo.org/QUARANTINE/action_list.htm).
EPPO Secretariat, 2006-09.