New additions to the EPPO Lists
In September 2007, the EPPO Council approved the addition of the following pests to the EPPO A1 and A2 Lists of pests recommended for regulation. In order to draw the attention of NPPOs to these newly added pests, they have also been placed on the EPPO Action List. The later has been completely redesigned to display management measures which are being recommended to the EPPO member countries and brief descriptions of the areas endangered by these pests (http://www.eppo.org/QUARANTINE/Action_List/action_list.htm).
A1 List (pests absent from the EPPO region):
- Puccinia hemerocallidis
A2 List (pests locally present in the EPPO region):
- Hesperophanes campestris (Coleoptera: Cerambycidae)
- Megaplatypus mutatus (Coleoptera: Platypodidae)
- Fusarium foetens
- Blueberry scorch virus
- Tomato infectious chlorosis virus
Transfer from the A1 to the A2 List:
- Aculops fuchsiae (Acari: Eriophyidae)
- Anoplophora chinensis (Coleoptera: Cerambycidae)
- Toxoptera citricida (Homoptera: Aphididae, vector of Citrus tristeza virus)
For each individual pest, datasheets and distribution maps are being prepared and will be available in due course on the EPPO web site.
EPPO Secretariat, 2007-09.